Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Legalize me.

First off, I'm finally 18. Now what..?

Hm. I'm not quite sure. I don't feel any older, or more responsible, or whatever. I'm just chilling, really.

But yes, my parents came up to Claremont to visit me on my birthday. We ate.
3-D roll
3-D Roll at Kazama Sushi. Shrimp Tempura roll with baked lobster on top. Not exactly sashimi or whatever you would consider "traditional," but still delicious and filling.

My parents also brought up my favorite cake in the whole world! Dobash from King's Hawaiian :D
Finally 18.

Light the candles...
Finally 18.

Then blow them out.
Finally 18.

The rest of my birthday festivities were far more exciting, but I won't go into them here. Really, lots of things that you'd be better off not hearing.
____________________________

On to the main attraction: Girl Talk. I was sad to have missed the Super Mash Bros. concert at USC a while back, so Girl Talk just had to satisfy my craving for tacky mixes of old school beats layered on some pop and hip hop.
Girltalk

That was definitely the most hectic assignment to date. My arms were constantly in the air, I had to fight for dear life not to lose my shoes, and I could barely take a peek through my viewfinder. This was one of the few times that I actually wanted Live View. But by some coincidence (and a large memory card with continuous shooting) I was able to pull off some half-decent shots of Girl Talk mixing it up with his Toughbooks.
Girltalk

So put your hands up in the air and enjoy Girl Talk.
Girltalk



Now that I've emptied my mind of the major event of the weekend, allow me to bury myself in some Murakami and Emerson and attempt to lose myself to the beauty of words.

No comments: