Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

College.

First update since arriving at Pomona. Happy, Kylie? ;]

So yes, I am greatly enjoying my time here at Pomona College. Actually, that would be a gross understatement. I'm having the time of my life here. Not in the sense of ragers every night of the week (which there are...), but more because I get to be surrounded by ridiculously awesome people every waking hour of the day. Like this guy:
Drag
Meet my roommate, Amadé. He went to school in London. Yes, he does in fact have a slight accent.

Keep in mind that he doesn't always look like this. Only when skits call for cross dressing.

And I am pleased to present the ladies of Blaisdell Two Side. They were also victims of mandatory cross dressing.
Bro
Seriously, though. I'm privileged to live with each and every one of them.

Now, on to the important things. Like food! The selection is good and the food palatable, so what do I have to complain about? And best of all, there's a Yogurtland a short walk from my dorm. Actually, it's turned out to be quite a curse.Yogurtland

At Pomona, I also have the benefit of being able to raid the dining halls at Scripps, Harvey Mudd, or Claremont McKenna in addition to my own. I have abused this to great effect, seeing as Scripps has delicious freshly baked cookies (which were still warm and gooey at the time of this photograph).
Delicious
Seriously...I had no idea what do to with myself in the presence of such delicious baked goodness.

Now that the important stuff is out of the way, I guess I'll talk about my classes. Or more specifically, Ballroom. I intend to join the championship-winning Ballroom Team this year. I will waltz, cha-cha, foxtrot, quickstep, salsa, and tango my way around campus in slacks and snazzy shoes that I was given by my original ballroom teacher, whom I miss learning from a lot right about now. I may not be able to practice many martial arts, but at least I can enjoy the thrill of sharp movements and calculated efficiency on the dance floor, if not the ring.

In other news, I am a big fan of college life. Cereal at midnight, awkward situations, and the stuff memories are made of. I love college.

I wish the best to all of my friends around the nation, dispersed amongst the overpriced educational institutions of the land. I hope that you are enjoying yourselves as much as I am (for mostly academic reasons, surprisingly) and I'll see you all soon enough.

I could never fully express the giddiness and excitement that being here makes me feel. It's intangible, uncontainable, and quite unimaginable.

Rock out. Stay classy.

2 comments:

Kylie said...

yes i am happy, and so glad that you're enjoying yourself there!
college is amazing and will continue to be so each and ever day.
embrace it as much as you can because you can trust me when i say that the first year goes by too quickly.
it's only going to get better from here.
stay awesome andrew, and keep updating!

Mikie said...

hello brother!
words really can't describe how happy i am for you! i miss you a ton and know that whe the day comes we can hang out again we will probably sit around and do nothing :)
love you forever and keep me updating.
<33 sis