Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010


For as long as I can remember, I've subscribed to the Disney mentality of following your dreams and all that sappy crap. I mean, we all have those childhood dreams that we look upon so fondly - to become an astronaut, to be famous, or whatever.

But somewhere along the line, I think I forgot what my dreams are. It's quite sad, really. At this point in time I know that I'm working to become a doctor, or a photographer, or whatever. But those are merely job descriptions. What did I daydream about in a not-so-distant past? What did I really want to do when I grew up?

My career-oriented goals in life just seem so mundane. Feasible, to be sure, but what's the fun in that? Weren't we all told to dream big - that our potential is only limited by our imagination?

Sometimes I feel like I'm moving forward, but towards what I do not know.

No comments: