Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

조금 기다려

Waiting
"I'm training you hard because the rest of the world won't be easy" - Kevin Saxton
______________________________________________________

A random moment of introspection reminded me that the Nationals are coming up for naginata, here in sunny Southern California. If I do well there, I'll be representing the USA in 2011, pitted against some of the strongest practitioners of naginata in the entire world. To add a touch of romanticism, the whole shindig's going down in Japan. I've been training for this since I was twelve, looking forward to the day when I'd be able to join Team USA and give it my all against the international naginata community.

And now, I'm stuck practicing on my own, with the biggest tournament of my life thus far looming in the distance. I can do nothing but practice diligently... and wait.

No comments: